Monday, February 29, 2016

Settling in to a new area 2/29/16

I am doing great thanks for asking and I`m glad you guys had a good week too! It was very difficult to be honest the first few days, because like I said my companion and I are both new to the area, (Whitewash) so we are getting to know everyone slowly, with a lot of help from the members. And Paraguay doesn`t exactly have "streets", so there aren`t names or anything either, but it's alright, I know we have been called to this area for a reason. My toes are doing fine, thanks for asking, I`m making sure to wear my shoes that have a lot of space at the end for my toes.

We have also found a lot of investigators in this area that have been investigating the church for a long time. We are working with a family right now, that have been attending for 3 years, but haven`t been baptized yet because the husband has been waiting for all of his paperwork to be done to get divorced with his other wife. Now it is all finished so we are planning their wedding and baptism for the 12th of March! They are an awesome family, and the husband will definitely be a bishop, or a priesthood leader shortly after his baptism.

We also visited a sister who had her son leave for the mission on the day that we arrived to the area, and we were talking to her, and she said it was really hard to have him gone, but we reassured her that it is where he needs to be and that he is thinking of her too, and that he will come back, 2 years is short, right Mom? :) 

We are also talking to a lady who has been coming to church for years but her husband doesn`t want to hear anything about the church, and she needs to get married before being baptized, so prayers for them would be appreciated too.

Everything is good, it was tough at first leaving another area so quickly, but I know its what God needs of me right now, and I will follow! Hopefully my letter gets to you! I don`t know why it has taken so much time. Hope you have a good week and can`t wait to hear from you soon, hope Camille had an awesome 10th birthday! Woooooooo!

Te Amo!!!
Elder Spiro

Pictures of Alex saying goodbye to various people in Kennedy.....







The Elders seem to be glowing (or just super sweaty)!

No comments:

Post a Comment