Monday, October 17, 2016

Week of 10/17/16

Hey Mom,
Thanks for the emails and pictures, and the packages you are sending too! Normally, when we pass by the mission office we pick up the packages that have been sent, because there really isn`t a mail system here to send stuff easily and cheap, but it usually gets here fast. I`m glad to here you enjoyed your time in Utah, I`m sure the weather is a lot nicer there, it began to get super warm here this week, and I think the change made me a bit sick again. I had a really high fever and my head hurt a ton, but I rested and I feel much better now, and the medicine that you had given me before the mission helped.
This week we had 2 investigators come to church, they can`t progress much because 1 needs to get married but her boyfriend has to get divorced first and the other has to have the signature of her parents and they don`t seem to want to sign. We encountered a miracle yesterday, as we were walking to our lunch we had a girl and a guy stop us in the street asking us to stop by their house because they had a lot of questions about religion and they wanted to know more about a sister that had passed away.  We arrived at the house and there were a ton of people that lived there, all brothers and sisters around the ages of 20-24 and they had a bunch of questions about the church and we shared with them about the plan of salvation, I could tell they felt the spirit and one of them said "This church is one of the better ones that we have found" but the only problem is that they are only home on Saturdays and Sundays, but they are interested in attending church.

The other couple we had found the other week couldn`t come to church, the husband works a lot and that is one of the problems we have found is that people usually aren`t home because they are working, but I know if we keep searching we will find more families!
I was studying my patriarchal blessing the other day and every time I read it I notice more and more things, it really helped me to give me motivation to keep moving forward and working hard, so I invite you guys to read your patriarchal blessings and to pray before you are going to study them, it really is powerful the revelation we can recieve.
That's about it for the week, I hope you are all well and keeping up with the Book of Mormon reading! Tell me what part you guys are reading, I am in 3 Nephi 26 right now, close to the end. I also forgot to add that I had another ingrown toenail this week too, so that wasn`t very fun, more needles, but it was luckily only one toenail and I hope it heals quickly.
Have a great week, always praying for you all and can`t wait to hear from you next week!
Rohayhu!!
Elder Spiro

Alex's district at the temple

The front walkway by their home



A district activity


The whole zone

No comments:

Post a Comment