Monday, September 26, 2016

Leila's baptism

Hey Mom,
I`m glad to hear everything is good with you and the family, I am doing great too, we had Leila`s baptism and it went well. We had assigned a few recent convert members and less active members to help with little talks and prayers, and everyone came that was assigned! It was great to see the branch helping the missionary work, even if they just came to eat the cake after the baptism :)  I am happy with the progress we have made in Thompson, and I hope that the branch keeps growing. Sometimes its tough but the moments when we have baptisms or less active members show up to church that we have been visiting makes it all worth it.
All is good here, we don`t have too many investigators that are progressing right now, but like you said Mom, there is that 1% that are waiting to hear the gospel, and we are searching for them in every moment we have. 
I am very excited for conference this week, I think our branch will have it on a TV that they have in the church building. I am a little dissapointed because I won`t be able to watch in English, but I am going to enjoy it anyways, I don`t know if I`ve said it before but General Conference is like Christmas for missionaries.
I enjoy all of the pictures and letters you send, so sorry if my updates are short, but everything is going well and no worries about me being tired, its part of the mission haha. 

I was talking with my companion this morning and we were discussing the things and experiences we have here on the mission, we get to know a lot of people every day and the experiences in their lives helps me learn new things for my future and how I want to be when I am older and have my family, the gospel truly gives us happiness if we strive to live the teachings of the Savior, its not easy to be a member but when we know something is the truth, it makes it easier to follow.
I hope you all have a great week, thanks for the news that the Utes won, that makes me happy too, enjoy general conference and can`t wait to hear from you soon!
Rohayhu!
Elder Spiro



Allan and Leila

Leila's baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment