Monday, October 26, 2015

New Area: Fernando de la Mora and new companion: Elder Zapata

Hola Mama, to be honest, this change was not what I expected, I was taken out of my area again! Only 6 weeks! I only moved one town over, to a city called Fernando de la Mora. It is even the same district! So two new Elders are in Libertad and they have no idea where to go.  I went on divisions the other day with one of them to show them around. It's really weird that I got taken out of an area only after 6 weeks to be moved to another area in the same district. My new area is cool too, the members are very nice, and we meet in the stake center. We have lunches all this week, so I'm grateful for that. Its just a little sad, because I was just getting to know the members in Libertad and we had another lady who we were teaching and is planning to be baptized this next week, but that's how it goes sometimes I guess.

My new companion's name is Elder Zapata, and he is from Peru too, like my first companion. He is cool, he doesn't know much English but by now I understand Spanish pretty well, and I'm helping him learn English. Our area is very close to the city so there are a lot of fancy houses, and this area hasn't had very much success. But I'm going to work hard and do my best because I may not know the reason I'm in this area, but I know Heavenly Father knows and I know there are people waiting for our help. I'm sorry if this letter will be a little short, it is raining very hard today and the internet isn't working very well.

Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well, thanks for all the emails and pictures, and I'm glad to hear that you guys have been reading the Book of Mormon every week, I hope you are all learning together and having a good time reading as a family. Let me know if you need anything from me, I'm going to try and send something for Christmas (i know I keep saying that I just haven't had much time to do anything) :) Sad to hear the Utes lost! And I can't wait to hear from you next week, I keep you all in my prayers and all of your emails and letters motivate me every day! Thanks for everything Mom!

Love you lots!
Elder Spiro

Some elders from Elder Spiro's old district. Also, his new companion, Elder Zapata








1 comment:

  1. Looking good Elder Alex! Good luck on your new area and keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete