Monday, September 28, 2015

Week of Sept. 28, 2015

Hola Mi Mama!

Gracias para todo! All of the emails and pictures, I love getting to read everything that is happening and all the cool stuff you guys are doing! Super awesome about the Utes win too! I'm sad I didn't get to see it but it's okay, I have been working hard and experiencing the blessings of being on a mission! The week cooled down a little thankfully and we have been visiting a lot of people and contacting new houses that we have never been to before, and we have been meeting a lot of cool new people that are interested.

For example, we were walking down the street and we decided to go down a little side street that we have never been to before and there was a super fancy house on it, and a bunch of regular houses. We usually don't contact the super fancy houses because the people are usually disinterested, but we felt that we should this time. So we clapped at the gate and a woman came out and started asking us a bunch of questions and telling us about her family, and about how her son had passed away just a few months ago, and she told us an experience that he had where he was sitting on the couch watching TV one day 'and he looked in the mirror to the side of him, and apparently he saw an angel, or a person with a very bright light shining around them walk past the mirror. She said that she has never told that to anyone but us, so we explained to her how she can see her son again one day, and tried to answer a bunch of her questions. We ended up giving her 3 pamphlets and she said she is going to read them and have a list of questions for us the next time we visit. So ya, things have been awesome!

My spanish has been getting better too, I'm trying to use as much time as I can practicing and learning more, so I can speak pretty well, just understanding is the problem. But its okay, I know its a process. The members help a lot too, especially with learning phrases in Guarani. There aren't too many members in the ward, but they are all super awesome and helpful. They want to help us visit investigators and they always give us food when we pass by, I'm really grateful for this area. 

Sorry for the shorter update, just a pretty normal week. But this Saturday and Sunday is General Conference! I'm excited and hope to take out as much as I can from it. Thanks again for all the updates and pictures Mom and the stuff you are sending! Let me know if I can help you with anything or do anything for the family. I love you and can't wait to hear from you next week!

Love you!
Elder Spiro

at a zone conference

The neighbor's dog that comes in the elders' apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment