Monday, August 24, 2015

Waterfalls and improved church attendance

Thanks for all the updates and pictures this week, and I got the two packages you sent me! Thanks for sending all of the awesome stuff, the pillowcase helps a lot, I love all the letters you guys wrote, and the picture book. I always look at them when I'm missing you guys. And all the snacks too! I don't know when to use the peanut butter, because it is very scarce here and I want to ration it. I have looked in the stores and they do have American stuff, but the prices are all super high. Its ok though, I'm enjoying the food and learning how to cook better and make different things. I'm glad you guys had a good week, I'm sure its really warm down there, it has been nice and cloudy here, but there are some days where the sun is out and its really tough to walk all day, but its alright.

This week has been good for me, lately we have been having a tough time getting people to church and finding people with a desire to learn more and progress, and I have been praying a lot lately for my investigators, especially for them to attend church because we can't help them progress if they don't go.  But on Sunday, we were sitting in the second hour of Church, and suddenly two of our investigators walked in, they are the ones I was telling you about that we found by following the promptings of the spirit. It was so awesome, and also one of the members brought a cousin of theirs to church too, we talked to her and her parents are members but inactive and she has other brothers and sisters who aren't members as well, so my goal is to re-activate their family and baptize the kids. I am super grateful that I've been given this opportunity to help their family and I testify that prayer works when we persevere and continue doing the things we need to, everything will work out.

P-day hike with the district to some waterfalls






The waterfalls we went to were really cool, we went as a district for an activity, and walked around and took a lot of pictures and stuff. I'm enjoying the mission a lot, and the experience of being somewhere new for the first time, I feel like I have matured and grown spiritually, and there is still more experiences to come! For that, I am grateful to have this opportunity to serve the Lord and for the support of my family, I love you guys and I can't wait to hear from you next week. I keep you in my prayers every night and day and if any of you needs anything from me, I'll help in any way I can.



2 comments:

  1. This is cousin Julie, Aunt Ruth's daughter. Paraguay looks terrific. It reminds me a lot of Camobdia. Same kind of cows! Elder Spiro is doing wonderful and he sure has great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks cousin Julie. I am sure those two countries have similar climates. Thanks for reading his updates!

    ReplyDelete