Monday, August 3, 2015

More baptisms and friendships

Buenos Dias Mama,

I am doing well, this week has been very busy but very rewarding, as you can tell from the pictures, we had another baptism this week! It was really awesome, we were all standing in the doorway of the font, and Floria (the girl with the glasses in the picture) was shivering and was super nervous, but then she suddenly calmed down and said she had this great feeling and peace, it was the spirit, and I could definitely feel it too. And after, we had a talk about the Holy Ghost and one of the other daughters of the mom that was baptized talked, she is not a member and isn't getting baptized, but she gave a great talk and it was really cool. We are going to visit her though soon because she seems to be very interested in the church. Anyways, we have been working hard this week and it has payed off, I am very grateful to be serving and helping people come unto Christ, I have seen the changes in the lives of my converts already, and I am eternally grateful to be a part of it.




Treats after the baptism

In other news, my companion got called as the district leader of our... well, district. So, that means whenever there is a baptismal interview in our district, he will have to go to their area. So, I will be having a lot of exchanges with other missionaries in the near future, I already had 2 this week. I am getting to know the area a lot better though and my Spanish has gotten better. It is just difficult to understand though, I am going to buy a dictionary in Guarani, that should help a little.

Everything else has been good, we have had some meals with members and every week we have lunch with the President of the branch. There is not many active members here so they only have a branch, but in other areas there are wards and bishops. We have been working hard with the less active members though, because here in Paraguari, there are about 500 members, but only 50 - 60 that are active. This past week at church, we had 86 people, which is the most since I have been here. It is important especially for our new converts to have callings, because that is when they can find their purpose in helping the branch grow and become better.
Dinner with the family that was baptized

I decided to share a spiritual thought at the end of this update, I probably will more often. Anyways, I was studying in chapter 18 (19?) of Genesis, about the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, and how God commanded Lot and his family to leave because he was going to destroy it because of the wickedness, and he told them "to not look back". Lot's wife looked back and was turned into a "pillar of salt". I was thinking about this and it seemed a little harsh for just looking back, but I realized that God wanted them to look forward and not think about leaving their possessions and worldly things behind, which is the same for us, we need to focus on our future, and not dwell in the past and our mistakes, but focus on how we can become better and improve ourselves every day.

Anyways, thanks mom for all the updates about the family and can't wait to hear from you next week.

Love you and pray for you guys always,
Elder Spiro

P.S. Sorry to those whom I couldn't respond, I didn't have much time this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment