Monday, August 10, 2015

8/10/15

Hello Madre,

Hope all is well in Arizona, it has been super hot here recently, and all the members and people have told me this is only winter, and the summer is much worse, so I might need a couple more short sleeved dress shirts in the next few months. Everything is good though, this week we worked a lot in the farther parts of our area, so we have talked to a bunch of new people. Which is great because hardly anyone we talked to has heard of the missionaries before, and about our church, we just need to find a way for them to get to church because it is about 5-6 hours walking from the church and there is no buses in the mornings on Sunday. I have faith though, that we can find a way, and when they begin to gain a testimony, they will have that desire to go to church as well.
Helping some members burn their trash


They week was pretty normal, we had some meals with some members, they always make really good meat and usually with rice and salad too. But they mix in veggies with the rice and good sauces too, it is always super good. We have been trying to work with a lot of less active members because there is a lot in our area. About 500 members, and only 60-70 are active. But church attendance has been getting a lot better, we have had 75-85 in our last few weeks, and my goal is to have 100 people one week. 

The lessons have been good, my Spanish is improving quickly and I learned some phrases to say in Guarani during the lessons too, they always laugh when an American tries to speak Guarani haha. I am understanding more as well, every week gets a little easier and easier in the language. By the time I talk to you guys during Christmas, it will be difficult to speak in English :) My companion is always helpful too, he is helping me lately to learn the area better so when he leaves I will know where to go with my new companion.

I hope the heat isn't too bad in Arizona, and you guys are having fun in school and watching Will, I loved all the pictures you sent and the video you sent of Will too. I love you and can't wait to hear from you all soon, and have fun at the Shakespeare festival and say hi to the family for me!

Love you bunches,
Elder Spiro

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Muy bien, que bueno que le esta muy bien a elder Spiro

    ReplyDelete