Monday, August 17, 2015

Week of 8/17/15

I'm glad your trip to Utah was great, I loved all the pictures and congrats to your team for winning the tourney! Haha, anyway Paraguay has been great, the weather lately has been awesome, really cloudy with a nice wind. We have been working hard, and in the farther parts of our area. I found out the other day that we have the biggest area in all of the mission. Its just difficult for people to get to church, because the buses aren't running on Sundays and a lot of people don't have cars or motorcycles. But we have talked to a lot of new people and many have accepted a baptism date. 

I had a really cool experience the other day, we were walking to a little town called Guazu Kua about 3 hours away, but we didn't know that at the time, when we got dropped off at the entrance we talked to the first house and the people told us it was only an hour walking, but its actually an hour in a bus and 3 hours walking! So, we started walking and we saw this family that was all sitting outside and a bus started driving up for the city, so we had to make a decision to either take the bus or talk to the family. My companion said he felt we should talk to the family so we did, and the bus passed. It turns out though that the family wanted nothing to do with us and just said "Otro dia!" (Another day!) a bunch of times. So we just kept walking and talked to a few more people, then it was lunchtime and we had nothing to eat yet so we stopped in a little city called Chircal, after about an hour of walking. Another bus started driving up and my companion told me to make the decision to stay or go, so I sat there for a little and listened for something, and I just had this feeling we should stay and wait, so we did and the bus passed. We then walked up to the first house we saw and talked to a family, and they accepted a baptism date! It was really cool, and then after, we were walking and these people suddenly called to us from their house and were waving, so we went and talked and it turns out they had received lessons from the missionaries before but they hadn't come back, and they all wanted to be baptized too! We talked to a mom, her daughter, and her mom, and none of them are married but are living with their boyfriends, and they want to get married before they are baptized. That means we could possibly be planning three weddings for one day! It's all part of the work though, and I know that had I not listened to the spirit, we wouldn't have found those people, so I am very grateful.

The rest of the week was great, we had some awesome meals with members and I'm loving the food here, lots of meats and fresh veggies and potatoes. I'll have to cook you guys a native dish when I get back, I'm actually cooking stuff now too, I've learned a lot in these past few weeks.

Anyways, thanks for writing me again mom and for all the awesome pictures! I hope you all have a great week and I'll keep you all in my prayers, and if you could pray for my investigators to go to church too, I would appreciate it :) I'm glad people are enjoying the updates, its hard to remember all that has happened during the week. Can't wait to hear from you next week!
Baptism of a girl in the elder's ward

Cutting her cake after the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment