Monday, August 29, 2016

Fany and Adrian's baptism and wedding

Hey Mom!
Estoy muy feliz y con mucho animo para seguir trabajando en la vina del Senor! I`m glad to know you had a good week and I hope you enjoyed the Dbacks game, even though they lost by 13 :/ It looks like you are all well though, and studying and working hard.
I had a great week, we worked hard, it was a bit stressful this week though because we had to plan a wedding and baptism. But it all went great. The branch members helped us decorate and supported by bringing some food and a cake, so we are very grateful. It's nice to see our efforts are making an impact. We also had branch conference, and the church attendance was 108, when normally only 60-65 people come every week. Fany and Adrian, the investigators who got baptized are very happy, and their family is too.
Not too much else new, we had a guy come up to us during the week to ask for help, so we have been visiting him at his house these past few days, he has basically lost everything because of his drinking habits. And now he is selling his things for money to keep drinking. I feel really bad for him, he is always alone and when we visit he starts to cry because he wants to change but his addiction is very strong, we are going to keep helping him little by little.
Not much else new, I have been learning a lot personally these past few weeks, things are starting to be more clear for me now, things in the scriptures and teachings from the church that I have always accepted but never really knew what it meant. It's difficult to describe really, but I`ll give an example. The other day a missionary was quoting the scripture that says we are not of this world, that we are here in this world, but not of it. I finally understood that we are sons and daughters of a living God, that we chose to be here on the Earth to be tested, so that we could be like Him one day. He just wants us to be happy, He knows at times we will experience trials and problems, but we will never be left alone.
I hope you have a great week, thanks for everything and the packages you have sent, I haven`t gotten them yet but I`m sure they are on the way. I wrote a letter to Nana but I can`t find a place to mail it yet. Can`t wait to hear from you soon!
Rohayhu!
Elder Spiro
Fany and Adrian's wedding








The elders and Allan Torres, the branch president

1 comment:

  1. 40% increase in church attendance in one week! Woo hoo! Good job Elders!

    ReplyDelete