Monday, June 27, 2016

New area:Thompson and new comp:Elder Requejo

¿Como esta Mom??????? I hope everything is well, I`m good and getting to know my new area better, my companion`s name is Elder Requejo, he is from Peru and he has about 5-6 months in the mission. He is really animated to work and it helps me to focus more too. The area is more country than my last area, if you want to look up my last area, it was in a city called J. Augusto Saldivar. The houses are pretty much all made of wood panels or tin, and the people are very humble and kind. The church attendance each week is about 50-60 people, and it's mostly all ladies that attend church. Our branch mission leader is really helpful and is preparing to leave for his mission, so he is always going with us to lessons and giving us references.
Right now we are working with a lady named Leonida and her son and daughter Elias and Leila, but Leonida has to get married before she gets baptized, and her boyfriend doesn`t want to hear anything about the church at all, they are attending church and they told us they feel like it's true.
There are a lot of less active members in this area so we are searching for them to help reactivate them and strengthen the branch. Today, we get to go to the temple to clean it again, which will be awesome, and on Wednesday, we will have a zone conference with most of the mission.
Not much else new, just trying to learn more Guarani now and getting to know the members and others in the branch. Hope you guys have a good week, and enjoy your summer, it has been cold here, it's weird to get used to the cold when it's June and July. Thanks for the pictures and emails as always, I will try to take some more pictures of my area and my companion and I, can`t wait to hear from you soon!
Rohayhu!
Elder Spiro

Saying goodbye to some families in Posta Leiva



No comments:

Post a Comment