Monday, May 9, 2016

Out one year!!!



Hola Mama! 

How are you? I`m doing great and it was so awesome talking to you and the family! Sorry that the internet got cut off at the end, but I`m glad you guys were able to see me on the computer and talk. It was a good week, and it made it all better to talk to you all. I hope you had a good mothers day and the family made you some good food :) It's crazy that Abby had her last concert, and she will be graduating in a week! I can`t believe how fast the time has gone by.

I wanted to answer Dad`s question about what I have learned so far in a year in the mission a little more in detail because I wasn`t able to remember the words in English when you asked me. Like I said, a lot about patience, mainly learning that things will happen in God`s timetable and not when I want it to happen or anyone else, and because of that it is important as a missionary to be diligent in finding the people that are prepared to hear and accept our message, because we can`t force anyone to accept what we say, or to listen, or read, etc. I`ve also learned that a lot of the times I get frustrated when people don`t want to accept is because as a missionary we develop a love for all the people we serve, and after I have learned to understand the love that Heavenly Father has for us, it makes me want to share this message with everyone, and its tough when they don`t want it. But the blessings I know people can receive not only through baptism but through the temple or keeping the commandments, makes me always have a hope for everyone, if not now, for their futures.

I also got the call from the district leader while writing this that I will be staying in the area another transfer with my same companion, so we`ll see what more work we can do. Thanks again for your email and all the pictures Mom, and I hope you guys have a good week, and can`t wait to hear from you all soon! Thank you for your examples and I always keep you in my prayers!

Rohayhu Mucho!!!!
Elder Spiro


His former companions, both Elders Lopez from Guatamala. I love this picture, they all look so happy.  I hope Alex keeps in contact with these sweet elders that become his brothers.

One year celebration pancakes!

Burning a dress shirt at the one year mark.




I wish I knew what this said, it's in Guarani and Google didn't even have the words, haha


No comments:

Post a Comment