Monday, November 9, 2015

Week of Nov. 9, 2015

Hola Mama! 

Espero que todo esta bien con tu! I am doing awesome! Good job writing in Spanish, I have to admit it is hard to write in English, because my thoughts are in Spanish and I start to think in Spanish as I type so I always have a bunch of mistakes I need to fix at the end haha :) Things are great here, we are working hard and a lot with the members, every Sunday we have about 100 people attending church, which is among the most highest of wards in Paraguay. It's for sure something to get used to when our wards in Arizona have always been so big. I have been seeing the Mission President more often lately, because we are close to the office, and tomorrow we have a zone conference in the office, so a bunch of missionaries will be there. 

It looks like you guys have been having busy weeks, and I´m glad to hear you all went to stake conference. Did Elder Oaks speak in person at the stake center, because if so that is awesome! We have been working a lot with the youth members of the ward, trying to reactivate a lot of teenagers to prepare to serve missions. The direction of the church is really good for a lot of the youth here because there isn´t a lot of adult support or supervision here in Paraguay and the kids only have 3 hours of school every day, so they have a lot of free time, we are making sure they are staying on the right path.

This week we are also having an activity in the church to watch Meet the Mormons, we had the same activity in my other area, Libertad and it went really well. Its great for new people and investigators to know a little more about the Mormon religion and to see we are people, just like everyone else. There is a part at the end about a missionary who leaves for his mission and it talks about the experience his Mom had growing up and all the trials she had to go through, it makes me tear up a little every time to be honest.

Anyways, sorry for the boring letter, not much new here just learning and trying to do my best by helping all others come unto Christ. Thanks for all your updates and pictures Mom, hope you have a great week watching Will and with the rest of the family too! I keep all of you in my prayers and thank you for your examples, I always think of you guys to help me motivate myself throughout the day.

Te Amo Mucho Mama!
Elder Spiro


No comments:

Post a Comment