Monday, March 13, 2017

21st birthday, Paraguay style

Hey Mom,

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everything went well. I didn`t even remember that it was my birthday until about midday and we were going to buy something special like pizza for dinner, but it was really expensive so we decided to make hot dogs. But it was cool, I made the cake instead of cupcakes because we didn`t have a pan to make the cupcakes :) But it turned out good, and after everyone in the zone sang me happy birthday, I didn`t enjoy being sung to but I was grateful haha.

Ya, there is only 1 district leader for each district, we have 3 wards/branches in our district, so I have to make sure that they are all working hard and help with baptismal interviews and stuff like that. My area, Centro, has a ton of shops, and there aren`t many houses, so we spend most of our time looking for new investigators. Something cool happened this week, we were going to another area to have a division, and as we were heading back, a man stepped off a bus and said hi to us, and he said that his mom and other members of his family are members of the church. I asked him where he lived and it happened to be in our area! We visited him that same day and he accepted a baptismal date. It's crazy how the Lord puts people in our paths to teach, we just need to work hard and do our part, and he guides us to find the people ready to receive the gospel.

Not much else, just trying to do my best and learning more and more each day. We had a branch conference this week and I really enjoyed the talk from the Stake President. Something cool is that he was the missionary who found and baptized our mission president, President Wilson and now they are both working together here in Paraguay. He talked a lot about time and how we need to prepare now, and how we can`t make anyone change but we need to look at our own progress before we judge others.

Have a great week and can`t wait to hear from you soon!!!!!!

Rohayhu!
Elder Spiro


Birthday hot dogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment