Monday, January 9, 2017

Week of 1/9/17

Hey Mom,
Thanks for the email, we had a good week, very warm but a few days it cooled off a bit because there was some light rain. We are doing good, the Fleitas family is doing great, 4 of them will be baptized this week, there is a teenage girl that is part of the family but it seems like she doesn`t want to yet. We will give her some time to think and try to teach her after the baptisms of the rest of her family. It should be super awesome, they are all really excited, we have been teaching the commandments and one member of the family named Helen wanted to pay her tithing, but we said she couldn`t because she wasn`t working yet. She wanted to fast too, but she will have her baby so we said it's not recommended to fast either haha. The members are helping a lot with them, luckily they live close to a few member`s houses so it's convenient.
Tatiana and Deisy are doing well, they came to church with their aunt, who is also re-activating. She has a smoking habit, but on Saturday they also decided to fast as a family, and she gave up smoking cold turkey. It was a testimony to me that even the little kids in the family did a full fast, and they didn`t complain or anything during it she told us. I always remember when I tried to fast and I couldn`t even make it half a day haha.
We are teaching another family, the Mendoza family, they were a reference from a few members and they lived in the country before so they speak a lot more Guarani.  They don`t talk much or ask things either, so I`m trying to learn more things in Guarani to gain their confidence so they open up a bit more. Their neighbors who are members helped a lot and we will have a family home evening with them tonight.
We don`t have a certain family that gives us food everyday, every month a member from the ward organizes our lunches on a calendar, and luckily we have every day full. I am grateful because I have had other areas where we had lunch with members maybe once or twice a week.
Hope you guy had fun sledding, I would be very happy if it snowed here one day, but sadly I don`t think it will happen haha. I am getting used to the heat and every day passes by so fast, I wanted to ask you to send a picture of my baptism through email, and there is a place to print pictures here in the city. Also if you could send a few pictures of our family, some members were asking to see my family.
Thanks Mom! Hope yo guys have a great week and I will always be keeping you guys in my prayers! Can`t wait to hear from you soon!
Rohayhu,
Elder Spiro

Elder Kjar's 5th week

Mission training session at the mission office

No comments:

Post a Comment