Monday, December 12, 2016

New Companion: Elder Kjar

Hola Mama!
Espero que tuviero una buena semana! I`m doing great! I feel excited with my new responsibility to train! My new companion is from San Antonio, Texas. His name is Elder Kjar, pronounced (Care) He is a cool guy, really chill and we are learning together. He is picking up Spanish really fast and Guarani too, I`m sure much more quickly than I had learned haha. I feel that I need to be an example as a trainer, it's really important to help him and give him opportunities to teach and talk.  Today as we came to the city to use the internet we contacted a bus, which means we stood in front and talked about the Gospel and handed out pamphlets/cards and noted down people's information to visit them. I thought it would give him a cool experience that he wouldn`t forget.
The area is going great, we had 1 investigator come to church, a girl named Tatianna. On Saturday we went to visit a less active family and we talked to a lady who was sealed in the temple but for a year she has been inactive and she kept saying thank you because she said she needed the visit from the missionaries again. She came to church with all of her nieces yesterday because she watches them while the mom is working, and Tatianna is one of the nieces who isn`t a member.
We are also working with Araceli, she wasn`t able to come to church so we passed by on Sunday and explained what the requirements for baptism and how she was feeling about everything, because she is always reading the Book of Mormon and praying and she marks down everything she reads, but she just doesn`t attend church. She said she wants to be baptized so we put a goal for the 24th of December on Christmas Eve.
There are some other investigators, for example the Fleitas family, they came to the English class we had during the week but were unable to come on Sunday for a soccer tournament for one of the kids. It will be tough if they have soccer tournaments every Sunday but they are very interested in the church and are always waiting for our visits.
Nothing much new, I will be able to call you guys on Skype on any day from 23-30 of December. Dad told me the 26th but I`ll let you guys decide and next week I`ll tell you when I`ll call, whatever hour is fine but I think in the afternoon it would be better. Hope you have a great week, thanks for the emails and pictures, tell Nicole congrats for me, and I`m always praying for you guys! Can`t wait to hear from you soon!
Rohayhu!
Elder Spiro
Meeting Elder Kjar from San Antonio

One week in the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment