Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New area: Kennedy, San Lorenzo and new companion, Elder Bowyer

Hola Mama!

Como estas? Estoy bien y feliz, We had transfers this week and we found out that my companion and I are both leaving! So now I'm here in my new area, its called Kennedy, in the city of San Lorenzo. My companion is American too, the first American companion I`ve had. He just completed his training, so this is his 3rd transfer of his mission. I`m working a lot with him with his Spanish and talking more during lessons and it has been a big help for me too, talking more and learning to explain and teach things more clearly.

Our area is really awesome, we have lunches with members basically every day and everyone is so nice here, I`m not in the city anymore so the houses are very poor and the people are very humble. The people are on their summer breaks so a lot are home and willing to let us share our message. We taught a 10 year old buy this week, he is very smart and reminds me a lot of Elias, and he came to church this week! His Mom brought him, she isn`t a member, and we invited her to attend, but she said she had to go back for her baby. So we will be continuing to teach them and helping them progress.

It has been very warm here lately, so I have been wearing a lot of sunscreen and drinking a lot of water. The area is really great, not too big, but lots of plants and houses, and lots of opportunities for service too! Not much else new, I`m the senior companion for the first time on my mission which is pretty cool, but I won`t be prideful about it, that's a problem at times, when a missionary receives a calling, he gets prideful. I know that is not what Christ would want us to be like.

Anyways, glad you had a good week and fun time up in Utah, hope Uncle Scott had a good bday! Hope you have a good week working at the school again! Thanks for everything Mom and can`t wait to hear from you next week, always keeping you in my prayers!

Te Amo!!!!
Elder Spiro


Last dinner in Fernando de la Mora

No comments:

Post a Comment