Monday, January 11, 2016

Week of 1/11/15

Estoy muy bien gracias y estoy feliz que ustedes estan bien tambien. This week has been very warm and the days are very sunny and humid. I have been drinking a lot of water and walking in the shade as much as I can. Not much news, none of our investigators came to church unfortunately, but we are currently reactivating a less-active member and it has been a rewarding experience. He is a man that is 69 years old but very humble and nice and is always willing to help us and always is looking for references for us. He showed us his house the other day, and it made me tear up, he only has a small room with a bed and his shelf with a bunch of stacks of papers, he doesn`t have water or light either. He has to take showers at one of his friends houses. He showed us his framed line of authority for the priesthood and a Hymn book the sister missionaries had given him before. He is such a great example to me of putting the Lord first and living with what he has and being grateful for everything. I think I can learn a lot from him and have.
We have also had a few crazy experiences this week, we were walking down the street one day and a lady ran out of her house frantically asking for help, so we ran in and there was a man that was passed out but breathing sporadically and so we helped them quickly move him into their car to go to the hospital, his head was moving around and his mouth, I don`t know what had happened though. We are going to pass by this week to see if he is okay, so we are keeping him in our prayers. We also passed by a house with about 20 cats in the front yard, I forgot to take a picture for you guys, but they were all just laying around and a lady was sitting in her chair with one in her lap haha.
Not much else, just working hard and trying to do my best. I sent you guys a letter about a month ago, don`t know if you have gotten it yet. Glad to see you guys are having a busy week, and I liked all the pictures and especially the one of you guys at the Feed My Starving Children. I will make sure to send Nana a letter too, hopefully it will get there fast. Anyways, thanks again Mom and hope you have a great week! I keep you in my prayers and keep up your BoM reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment