Thursday, June 25, 2015

Elder Spiro arrives in Paraguay

Hi Everyone,

This is where we will post pictures and letters from Alex as he serves a mission in Asuncion, Paraguay. He spent 6 weeks in the Mexico City MTC learning to teach in Spanish and loved it there. He arrived at the mission home on June 15 and we recieved his first letter on the 22nd. He didn't have any pictures of the area yet, but hopefully he can find a computer that can handle sending some. Thank you, Erica Young, for helping set up the blog! Here is his first letter from the field:


It's awesome to see all of the emails I have gotten lately, especially from you guys. Paraguay has been very tough but rewarding as well. My companion´s name is Elder Chalco, and he is super awesome and helpful. He doesn't speak any English, so it has been kind of tough to communicate, but I have learned a lot of Espanol. We live in a town called Paraguari in Asuncion, and everyone has said that a lot of people get baptized here, so that's a good sign. I live in an apartment with my companion and another American and his companion. Elder Chalco has showed me how to cook a few meals, so I'm learning a bunch. 

I'll try to include some pictures, but the computer I am using is very slow and bad. We aren't allowed to take pictures while we are proselyting, so I haven't had much time. We attended a baptism on Saturday, and the ward had a Father's Day party as well. The members were very nice and they taught me and the other American some Guarani. Our lessons have gone well, I usually don't speak much because everyone talks so fast but when I do talk I enjoy it.

I hope Father's Day was good for you all, I wish I could have talked to you, but I guess the call at the airport counts. Anyways, I hope you are all having a good summer and I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Love,
Alex

1 comment:

  1. He sounds great! I'm very happy you are doing this blog sissy.

    ReplyDelete